Manual Handling Course
This course will satisfy your organisations training obligations under the 2007 Manual Handling Regulations and the Safety Health and Welfare at Work Act, 2005.
Participants who have completed this course will be able to:
- Recognise a load, which is too heavy or awkward
- Understand the limitations of the spine and muscular system
- Lift and handle loads safely
- The law and its application to the manual handling environment
- Muscular-skeletal system
- Biomechanics and mechanism of injury
- Ergonomics and risk assessment
- Basic principles of lifting
- Lifting to and from ground level
- Lifting to and from a height
- Lifting to and from a bench
Written Test and Manual Handling Skills assessment by Instructor.
Up to 8 participants per course
This course is ideal for:
Anyone who is engaged in the lifting and handling of loads as part of their role in the workplace.
The course is structured in accordance with the guidelines issued by the Health & Safety Authority and fulfils current Health & Safety Legislation requirements. A certificate of attendance will be issued to all successful participants.
Some Customer Experiences:
A great course, everyone should learn CPR, thanks Eric!
Eric and his team are fantastic instructors, very knowledgeable.